So … I have a little secret.
I’ve been ketogenic for a little over a month now.
I know, I know, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I’d been curious about it for a while but had my misgivings. However, after talking about fat metabolism in one of my classes this semester and reading up on some research, I decided to give it a go!
Anyways, enough about that for now. I’ll be posting more on it later.
I couldn’t find a good keto mousse recipe on Pinterest, so I (literally) whipped one up! This mousse is better than any I’ve had before, keto or otherwise. It’s light, fluffy, creamy, and just sweet enough. Love.
Can you say delicious? Scarlett sure thinks so.
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash stevia
- Combine all ingredients in a large mug
- Mix on high with electric beaters for 2 minutes or until mousse is thick, smooth, and creamy
- If mousse is too thick, add a splash of whole milk and remix
- Repeat if necessary
- Add more stevia or vanilla to taste
- Make sure the peanut butter you're using is all-natural, meaning only peanuts and salt in the ingredients. If it's not, the carb count will be off.
- Each serving: 215 calories, 21 g fat, 6 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber (3.5 net carbs), 4.5 g protein
Let me know what you think! Isn’t it delicious?